State Senator Diana DiZoglio is now accepting applications for the position of Legislative Aide in her State House office!
The Legislative Aide provides support to the Senator and staff in a variety of areas, including legislative research and analysis and constituent services. The Legislative Aide helps to maintain the Senator’s schedule. The Legislative Aide monitors issues specific to the Senator’s district and attends pertinent meetings and hearings. The Legislative Aide assists in the drafting of press releases, newsletters, speeches and web content.
• Reports directly to the Chief of Staff
• Conducts constituent casework
• Assists the Legislative Director in the research and filing of legislation
• Assists the Chief of Staff in the management of interns
• Assists the Chief of Staff in the management of the Senator’s calendar
• Assists the Chief of Staff in the planning and execution of events sponsored by the Senator
• Assists the Chief of Staff in the management of the Senator’s social media accounts
• Ensures the Senator is provided with briefing materials for scheduled meetings and events in the State House
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all legislation affecting the district, including legislation on which the Senator is a principal sponsor and legislation on which the Senator is a cosponsor
• Assists in the writing of press releases, speeches, newsletters, columns, web content, citations, resolutions and letters to constituents
• Serve as a point of contact on media inquiries
• Represents the office at events in the State House and district
• Acts as a liaison for constituents and other individuals when they visit the Senator’s Office
• Supports general work of the office such as, but not limited to; answering the phone, greeting visitors and maintaining office supplies and equipment
• Meet with constituents or other office visitors, as necessary
• Meets deadlines as set by the Senator and Chief of Staff
• Meets attendance requirements as established by the office
• Maintains a good working relationship with the Senator, fellow staff and constituents
• Performs other duties as assigned
• A bachelor’s degree is preferred. Alternatively, two years of related work experience.
• Knowledge of the 1st Essex District and the cities and town represented by the Senator
• An understanding of the local, state and federal political process
• Strong editing, writing and communication skills
• Bilingual preferred but not required
• Strong organizational and filing skills
• Thoroughness and careful attention to detail
• Temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant and professional manner
• Ability to work efficiently within time constraints and deadlines
• Willingness to serve the 1st Essex District and its constituents
• Knowledge of office computer applications
• Ability to work extended hours and weekend days on occasion, when needed. Must have transportation to travel to both the State House and Senator’s district.
Applicants should submit via e-mail a resume and cover letter to Senator DiZoglio’s Chief of Staff Andrew Carden: Andrew.Carden@masenate.gov.